Practical Parenting Ideas: Currently in March

Monday, March 23, 2015

Currently in March


This week we're joining Choose Happy in another Currently post to give you a little more insight into our life at the moment! I'd like to make it a monthly post on Practical Parenting Ideas, though you can follow along with Choose Happy and other bloggers on a weekly or more regular basis.

Making...
This weekend I made Oreo Freak Out, the ice cream cake my husband asks for every birthday. It's one of my favorite recipes from growing up and one of the first ones I made for David when we got together. He doesn't like cake very much so a ice cream cake is perfect for him. I'll share the recipe on the blog later this week.

Celebrating...
My husband's birthday! David turned 32 this week and we celebrated by going out to Red Robin for lunch, then his family's for dinner and cake. A favorite moment from today was simply seeing him walk with the girls when we went out for lunch. They adore their dad!

Watching...
After church this past weekend my kids were playing outside when they saw a couple of ducks in the creek that runs through our condo complex. They asked for bread to feed the ducks so I got them a couple of end slices. Before long the bread is gone and my toddler goes inside to get more. She pulls the loaf off the counter and tells her dad, "Feed d-d-ducks" and turns to walk out the door. Um no cutie, they don't need the entire loaf...

Enjoying...
The warm weather. It's not even April and it's been about 60-75 degrees during the day most days. The kids and I have spent a lot of time on walks to the park and playing in the yard. This last week I had a lot of fun with my sister taking pictures for a Spring Photo Shoot of my girls (featuring personalized Petite Lemon t-shirts). I'll share the blog post with the full shoot this Wednesday!

Hoping...
My husband will be able to get a good internship soon. He is finishing up his degree at the end of summer (Yay!), but in the meantime I'm working a lot from home to make ends meet until he gets a job. At the same time, I feel so blessed I can still be home with my kids.

Praising...
Miss L is finally potty trained! After several attempts over the past year she was ready and has done so well with next to no accidents day or night in over 2 weeks! I've decided I need to write a post on Positive and Patient Potty Training (because sometimes it takes a while) so watch for that as well in the next couple of weeks!

What's been going on in your life lately? I'd love to hear in the comments below! If you're a blogger feel free to join us in the Currently link up. Thanks for being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment