Practical Parenting Ideas: Light the World in Service this Christmas Season

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Light the World in Service this Christmas Season


     As hard as I try to simplify life to enjoy more time with family and friends over the holidays, I'll admit that the stress of preparations at times gets to me. The expense and thought put into Christmas gifts, decorating and organizing the house, and planning family activities to get in the Christmas spirit can quickly become overwhelming. It's then when I remind myself that God's presence in our lives is more important than presents under the tree. I particularly love the reminder in the quote below to serve as Christ, our perfect example, did and in doing so we'll more clearly see what matters most in life.

     We all realize that day to day life as parents can be busy to say the least, but I know that helping our family look outside ourselves to serve others will be a huge blessing this holiday season. I hope to be light to those around me because "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." (Mosiah 2:17) For this reason and more I'm so excited to join in the #LighttheWorld event! The LDS church has given the challenge to participate with others from around the world in daily acts of service between December 1st - 25th based on ideas from the following calendar.

[Print your Light the World Calendar]

I also like this simplified kids version from a Year of FHE

     Additionally, every day this month you can find inspiration through videos that go along with each day's challenge. Visit Mormon.org for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment