Practical Parenting Ideas: SparkBox Toys Review

Monday, March 16, 2015

SparkBox Toys Review


We recently had the opportunity to try SparkBox Toys, an educational children's toys rental service for kids up to 4 years old. My kids have been playing with the toys for about two weeks now to help me prepare to write this review. If you follow us on Instagram you may have seen the sneak peek of my girls opening the box of toys when it arrived. They just couldn't wait for brother to get home; it was seriously cute how excited they were! One of the things I enjoy most about blogging is getting surprises in the mail from reviews/giveaways I'm promoting, especially when it's something my kids can have fun with, too!


Every box sent from SparkBox Toys will be different. The box we received contained four different sets of toys: 1. Colorful building blocks with fun patterns and shapes, 2. Bear built by matching and stacking shapes together, 3. Number cards for matching number to corresponding objects, and 4. Shopping bag with play food. Each was very clean and made of sturdy wood, plastic, or other durable material. Inside the box were also three netted bags for keeping the toys organized.




I wanted playing with the toys to be a special privilege for the kids for a couple of reasons. For one, I worried about the toys getting lost around the house if they were allowed to play with them in their rooms along with their other toys so we kept them up in the box when not in use. Also, it was great because the kids were motivated to do their chores if it meant they got to play with the Spark Box Toys.



My son is my big builder and organizer, very strategic about the placement of blocks. Like I said he's older than 4 years old (8 1/2) and still had fun with the toys! He was also helpful with teaching my 2 year old about colors, shapes, and numbers. I was happy to see that even with the same toys, my kids were able to play and learn in different ways.


Overall, we quite enjoyed trying SparkBox Toys. The things I liked the most were that the toys were educational, clean and in good shape, and fun for my kids. Although I was initially worried they'd lose pieces, we avoided that by only getting them down when they could stay in one area to play. I recommend SparkBox Toys to families that are interested in providing more opportunities for learning through play without the expense of buying a lot of new toys. Check out their subscriptions and browse toys to Play, Learn, and return toys for your children!


Follow SparkBox Toys

Practical Parenting Ideas was not compensated for this post, however we did keep one of the toys in exchange for this review. Regardless, all opinions are honest and our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment