Practical Parenting Ideas: Currently #1 January

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Currently #1 January

Becky from Choose Happy recently started a "Currently" link up that I thought it looked fun. This week I'm joining other bloggers in sharing some of the things in my life at the moment so you can get to know me better. I'd love to hear in the comments what you've been doing, too!


Thinking about...
Lately I've been thinking about my husband's education. He's finally in the last year of his Accounting degree, and I can't wait for him to have a more regular 9 to 5 type schedule! For most of our marriage he's either been working two jobs or working while going to school. I'm so proud that he's stuck with it for the last couple of years and is almost done! In the meantime, I'm thankful to work mainly from home so that he can work part-time while he finishes up.

Craving...
I'm craving Peanut Butter Chocolate Heart Drizzle Cookies we made a couple of weeks ago. With my mom's peanut butter cookie recipe and a little Valentines inspiration, we came up with this recipe. Many of my favorite desserts involve peanut butter and milk chocolate, and these quickly became a family favorite!



Wishing...
With my husband graduating this year I'm hopeful he can get a good job so we can start saving up for a home to have more space for our family (and hopefully have another baby!) I look forward to being mostly a stay-at-home mom again at that point... but don't worry I'll keep posting on Practical Parenting Ideas. :)

Watching...
I love watching shows on my phone while I'm cleaning or blogging. With the addition of Friends to Netflix I've been re-watching the series for like the 12th time. It's my absolute favorite show, a classic I never seem tire of. In fact, when each of my kids were born I watched the series while I recovered.



Laughing...
My kids do things almost daily that make me laugh, like when they were playing music with their toy instruments the other day and my 5 year old announces, "I like my guitar skills. I'm amazing!" (Photo on Instagram.) I love how honest and confident kids can be.

I've definitely been blessed with three amazing kids that keep me laughing and enjoying life. My 8 year old has always been a creative story teller and a leader among his friends with his fun personality. My 5 year old is free-spirited and friendly. She loves to dance, sing, and play with her stuffed animals. My 2.5 year old always keeps me on my feet with what she gets into with her exploring nature. She loves coloring and wearing dresses with whatever play accessories she can find.



Thankful for...
As challenging and busy as our life can get sometimes I'm thankful for simple things like my kids smiles, cuddles, and I love you's! I often feel that Practical Parenting Ideas is just as much for me as anyone else. It has made a big difference in my life to slow down and focus on what really matters most in life: My family. I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in the world!

1 comment:

  1. HI Debi- Thank you for linking up with my Currently series! I appreciate it!!
    YAY for your hubby almost done with school! That will be so wonderful for all of you!!
    Ohhhhhh yum, those cookies look amazing right now!
    I love Friends. I miss it.

    Happy Friday friend!
    ~Becky with Choose Happy

    ReplyDelete